Sydney · November 2019 - ★ Present
Independent contractor and freelancer, focusing on projects in the native mobile space.
Streamotion - Senior Mobile Software Developer
Sydney · December 2020 - ★ Present
I joined the team to build a new yet-to-be-announced app. My responsibilities lie in upgrading the existing architecture to reuse more code across the apps, and also fostering a culture that enables the team to be more involved and productive while working on the code.
Colonial First State - Specialist Software Developer
Sydney · March 2019 - October 2020
I joined Colonial First State to build the Android app that would bring superannuation to the hands of CFS customers. I was the solo android dev on the team, responsible for:
- Design the architecture of the app to match the business' expectations
- Advising the Product Owner on the capabilities of the platform
- Setup the teams CI pipeline into the company'sTeamCity platform.
- Analyze post launch app analytics and monitoring crashes using App Center
- Interfacing with offshore team to handle customers' feedback and prioritise issues
- Advise wider team architects on how to best support the mobile platform
Future Friendly - Senior Software Developer
Sydney · May 2016 - November 2018
Previously Mentally Friendly.
As the company's mobile dev, I was tasked with architecting, implementing and maintaining apps for our clients. I would often co-design and build proof of concepts web frontends and native apps to show case our ideas to clients.
- Shipped bi-weekly updates to the App Store
- Refactor the application away from a single Storyboard, to reduce merge conflicts
- Implement in memory local storage using Core Data
- Setup automated testing and local deployment using fastlane
- Interface with client to manage app maintenance and future roadmap
- Shipped an iOS and an Android app that controlled a smart bed with three BT devices (bed frame, mattress, sleep tracker) using RxSwift and RxBluetooth
- Built an onboarding flow that would detect user's breathing rythim to pair them with their smart bed
- Lead a team of two devs through know problems and pitfalls for the Android build.
Triple J (iOS & Android):
- Built proof of concept app to showcase feature feasibility
- Worked integrated with ABC mobile team to bootstrap the initial prototype for an internal release
- Integrated ExoPlayer to stream audio sourced from custom Rest APIs
My skills in web development were also put to use. I worked on several internal prototypes and websites that used React and Vue.js. I also worked on migrating legacy web projects to Docker so we could reduce our maintenance burden.
Mullen Lowe Profero - Mobile Software Developer
Sydney · September 2015 - April 2016
Joined Profero to be part of the mobile team responsible for the Eastlands Shopping Center app. I was involved in both iOS and Android builds, sadly the Android build never saw the playstore.
- Integrated Meridian iOS sdk for indoor navigation in the shopping center, that made use of bluetooth low energy beacons
- Setup the local deployment of the iOS app using fastlane
- Setup certificate management for the team using fastlane match
- Integrated Jenkins CI with our repository to run our tests against several simulators
Gleam SA - Mobile Software Developer
Lisbon, Portugal · August 2014 - July 2015
Gleam was a mobile fashion app that brought a feed of curated fashion items to your fingertips. I joined the team looking to augment my product experience and was tasked with building version 2.0 of the app:
- Architectured the app to better handle the existing load, support the new redesign, and allow for faster iteration
- Workshop with the team new features and revenue streams
- Advise the CEO on the capabilities of the mobile platform
Bliss Applications - Mobile Software Developer
Lisbon, Portugal · August 2012 - August 2014
- Applied my uni knowledge into developing an iOS skill set, later adding Android to my toolbelt
- Self managed the projects I was responsible for, communicating frequently with other team members and management