Remote - Senior Mobile Engineer (iOS and Android)
Anywhere 🌎 · March 2023 - ★ Present
I joined Remote to build the best mobile experience I could for their platform, across iOS and Android, while using Kotlin Multiplatform.
Audience Republic - Independent Mobile Developer
Sydney · October 2021 - November 2022
I was hired to build Wave, an Android and iOS (unreleased) app. I built it using Kotlin Multiplatform Mobile which enabled code sharing between both platforms, with platform dependent UI. This enabled me to implement new features quickly while following native conventions on both platforms.
- Architected and built a kotlin multiplaform solution, a custom kotlin version of The Composable Architecture (TCA)
- Add unit test coverage for most of the business logic, facilitated by the multiplatform architecture
- UI was built using Jetpack Compose for Android and SwiftUI used for iOS, levering the best the mobile platform has to offer
- Implemented automatic local deployment via Makefile and fastlane, that can ease the integration into a CI/CD platform
- Provided regular updates on the progress of the project via Slack and Jira
Streamotion - Senior Mobile Software Developer
Sydney · December 2020 - July 2021
I joined the team to build a new yet-to-be-announced app. My responsibilities lie in upgrading the existing architecture to reuse more code across the apps, and also fostering a culture that enables the team to be more involved and productive while working on the code.
Colonial First State - Specialist Software Developer
Sydney · March 2019 - October 2020
I joined Colonial First State to build the Android app that would bring superannuation to the hands of CFS customers. I was the solo android dev on the team, responsible for:
- Design the architecture of the app to match the business' expectations
- Advising the Product Owner on the capabilities of the platform
- Setup the teams CI pipeline into the company'sTeamCity platform.
- Analyze post launch app analytics and monitoring crashes using App Center
- Interfacing with offshore team to handle customers' feedback and prioritise issues
- Advise wider team architects on how to best support the mobile platform
Future Friendly - Senior Software Developer
Sydney · May 2016 - November 2018
Previously Mentally Friendly.
As the company's mobile dev, I was tasked with architecting, implementing and maintaining apps for our clients. I would often co-design and build proof of concepts web frontends and native apps to show case our ideas to clients.
- Shipped bi-weekly updates to the App Store
- Refactor the application away from a single Storyboard, to reduce merge conflicts
- Implement in memory local storage using Core Data
- Setup automated testing and local deployment using fastlane
- Interface with client to manage app maintenance and future roadmap
- Shipped an iOS and an Android app that controlled a smart bed with three BT devices (bed frame, mattress, sleep tracker) using RxSwift and RxBluetooth
- Built an onboarding flow that would detect user's breathing rythim to pair them with their smart bed
- Lead a team of two devs through know problems and pitfalls for the Android build.
Triple J (iOS & Android):
- Built proof of concept app to showcase feature feasibility
- Worked integrated with ABC mobile team to bootstrap the initial prototype for an internal release
- Integrated ExoPlayer to stream audio sourced from custom Rest APIs
My skills in web development were also put to use. I worked on several internal prototypes and websites that used React and Vue.js. I also worked on migrating legacy web projects to Docker so we could reduce our maintenance burden.
Mullen Lowe Profero - Mobile Software Developer
Sydney · September 2015 - April 2016
Joined Profero to be part of the mobile team responsible for the Eastlands Shopping Center app. I was involved in both iOS and Android builds, sadly the Android build never saw the playstore.
- Integrated Meridian iOS sdk for indoor navigation in the shopping center, that made use of bluetooth low energy beacons
- Setup the local deployment of the iOS app using fastlane
- Setup certificate management for the team using fastlane match
- Integrated Jenkins CI with our repository to run our tests against several simulators
Gleam SA - Mobile Software Developer
Lisbon, Portugal · August 2014 - July 2015
Gleam was a mobile fashion app that brought a feed of curated fashion items to your fingertips. I joined the team looking to augment my product experience and was tasked with building version 2.0 of the app:
- Architectured the app to better handle the existing load, support the new redesign, and allow for faster iteration
- Workshop with the team new features and revenue streams
- Advise the CEO on the capabilities of the mobile platform
Bliss Applications - Mobile Software Developer
Lisbon, Portugal · August 2012 - August 2014
- Applied my uni knowledge into developing an iOS skill set, later adding Android to my toolbelt
- Self managed the projects I was responsible for, communicating frequently with other team members and management