01 October, 2020
I came across Contour, an android UI library written entirely in Kotlin and that allows you to write your UI code also in Kotlin! As I read throught the README file, and looked at the sample app I instantly fell in love. The kind of love that just makes you rewrite your entire app to adopt this new library. Which is exactly what I did!
So I'm proud to announce that my RSS aggregator app Ler has been re-written to completly drop XML layouts in favor of using ContourLayout views! Also, while I was at it, I went ahead and removed all fragments as well.
Removed fragments in favor of screens
- Copied implementation of Leak Canary nav
- Life is easy in non fragment world
Remove xml layout views in favor of contourlayout
- Brings me back to Obj-C, pre-autolayout days, where every iPhone was 320x480, and thats all the device sizes you knew
- From AS 4.2 forward, custom views have preview support, which makes developing with Countour a breeze!
- Use isInEditMode to help out those previews
- Writing aligment code never felt better. No complex UIs in this app, but I can see the potencial in it. Layout is just kotlin lamdas!